Candriam Investors Group
(Candriam Luxembourg – Swiss branch)
Rue de 31 décembre 40-42
Tel: + 41 22 707 90 00
Tel: + 41 22 707 90 00
Who we are
Candriam Investors Group is a leading global asset manager with a strong European presence based on 20 years of experience. With investment centers in Brussels, Paris, Luxembourg and London, our conviction-driven investment solutions cover five key areas:
Candriam stands for “Conviction And Responsibility in Asset Management”:
conviction-based investment decisions and a sense of responsibility to our clients run through everything we do.
Long-standing expertise in equity, fixed income and asset allocation
In addition to providing institutions and wholesale investors with access to traditional equity, fixed income and asset allocation strategies, we have also developed an extensive range of specialist products. These include emerging debt and equity, quantitative equities, and a number of thematic strategies focusing on areas of particular investment interest.
A major European provider of regulated, liquid absolute performance & alternative investments
At Candriam we offer a range of liquid absolute return and alternative investment solutions for clients seeking new sources of performance and diversification of their existing portfolios. Overseen by senior fund managers who have worked together for 15 years, these strategies aim to provide consistent returns while focusing on capital preservation. (There are no assurances that the stated objectives will be met).
20 years of leadership in Sustainable & Responsible Investing
Our Sustainable & Responsible Investing (SRI) research team is one of the largest in continental Europe, enabling us to provide a broad range of SRI strategies across geographic regions and asset classes (equity, fixed income and asset allocation).
Candriam at a glance: building a long-term trusted partnership
- Specialist investment teams
- Ongoing innovation in strategies & services
STRONG INVESTMENT CULTURE
- Conviction-driven investment approach
- Proprietary quantitative models
- In-depth fundamental analysis
SOLUTIONS THAT MEET YOUR NEEDS
- Individually tailored mandates and solutions
- Highest standards of governance
- Transparent communication at all times
- Shared responsibility across all levels
A STRONG PARENT COMPANY
- Providing financial strength & strategic resources (3)
- Named Best European Asset Management Firm (4) by Funds
Europe in 2015
- 80% (5) of our traditional funds have received 3–5 stars from
A wide range of equity, fixed income and asset allocation strategies
With over 120 investment professionals involved in research, portfolio management and trading, we have in-depth expertise across equities, bonds and asset allocation.
While they cover a variety of asset classes and investment styles, our traditional strategies share a number of characteristics:
• they are managed by stable investment teams consisting of experts in their fields;
• they benefit from the support of Candriam’s dedicated macroeconomic research team; and
• all portfolio exposures are subject to rigorous monitoring and control by a dedicated risk management team.
Historically, the benefits of this approach are reflected in our portfolios. Refer to our website www.candriam.com for more details.
Leading the way in SRI for nearly two decades
In addition to standard strategies, at Candriam, we offer a specialist SRI product range based on the joint work of our team dedicated SRI analysts and each of our investment teams. Our SRI funds cover equities, fixed income and asset allocation strategies and the European, North American, Asia-Pacific and emerging market regions.
Our approach towards SRI involves selecting firms with leading Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices in their field, direct dialogue with companies to encourage them to improve their behavior, and a proxy voting process that we have been refining since 2003.
Overall, 29% of our total assets under management are invested in SRI strategies (as of June 2018).
A major provider of absolute performance & alternative investment strategies in Europe
With investors increasingly looking towards alternative investments for the returns and diversification that they need, at Candriam, we have responded by steadily broadening our expertise in alternatives over the past 20 years.
As of June 2018, we run 14 distinct alternative strategies, most of which offer daily liquidity, with a range of risk-return profiles to suit the varying needs of our clients. All place a strong emphasis on minimizing drawdowns, with our independent risk management department ensuring they comply with strict regulatory, contractual and internal guidelines.
At the heart of our alternative capabilities is a pool of about 45 experienced fund managers and analysts. Over the years our alternative strategies have built up strong risk-adjusted performance track records, with above-average sharpe ratios. The expert input of a large number of investment professionals and support teams across our company has also been instrumental in our success in this area.
A strong foothold in Europe
Capitalising upon its strong European roots, Candriam has developed into one of the leading names in the European asset management industry over the past 20 years, providing high-quality investment solutions to investors across the continent.
In addition to our investment teams located in Brussels, Paris, Luxembourg and London, we have teams on the ground in nine European countries, close to the clients that we serve. Our experienced client relationship managers have in-depth understanding of our investors’ needs across the markets in which we operate, enabling them to provide highly customised advice and to propose the right solution from the extensive range of investments that we run.
As we are also the European distributor of a range of products of New York Life Investments Group’s investment boutiques, we can offer our clients a wide array of investment solutions.
(1) Assets under management (AUM) includes assets which do not fall within the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s definition of ‘regulatory AUM’ in Form ADV, Part 1A.
(2) About PRI - The United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) initiative is an international network of investors working together to put the six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice. Its goal is to understand the implications of sustainability for investors and support signatories to incorporate these issues into their investment decision making and ownership practices. In implementing the Principles, signatories contribute to the development of a more sustainable global financial system. The Initiative has quickly become the leading global network for investors to learn about responsible investment and collaborate with their peers, companies and policymakers to generate sustainable, long-term investment returns for their clients and beneficiaries.
(3) Candriam Investors Group is a New York Life Company. New York Life Investments ranks among the world’s largest asset managers (source: New York Life Investments ranked 30th among the world’s largest money managers within Pensions & Investments, 28 May 2018. Rankings are based on total worldwide institutional assets under management for the year-end 2017. New York Life Investments assets include assets of affiliated investment advisors).
(4) Among firms with €20–100 billion in assets under management (Name of the institution: Funds Europe. Date & place of the announcement: 26/11/2015 UK. Scoring scale: N/A. www.funds-
(5) ©2007 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Some of the information contained in this document is the property of Morningstar and/or its information providers. It is given without any guarantee as to its accuracy, exhaustiveness or topicality. Its reproduction or redistribution is strictly forbidden. Overall Morningstar Rating for all Candriam funds, as of June 2018.
CONTACT US: contact.candriam.com
This document is intended as general background on the capabilities of Candriam Investors Group.
This document is provided for informational purposes only, it does not constitute an offer of an investment service or an offer to buy or sell financial instruments, nor does it represent an investment recommendation or confirm any kind of transaction. Although Candriam carefully selects the data and sources within this document, errors or omissions cannot be excluded a priori. Candriam cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect losses as a result of the use of this document. The intellectual property rights of Candriam must be respected at all times, and the contents of this document may not be reproduced without prior written approval.